[scilab-Users] "No more memory" error on 5.1.1 when trying to plot

Tudor Buican tudor at timb.com
Sun Aug 23 22:01:05 CEST 2009

Hi.

Yes, I've been using the 64-bit version. As you suggested, I also tried
the scilab-master version, scilab-master-1250864962.bin.linux-
x86_64.tar.gz, and the result is exactly the same as before, i.e.,

-->a=[1 2 3 4 5 6]
 a  =

    1.    2.    3.    4.    5.    6.

-->plot(a)
DrawableObjectJoGL::endDrawing: No more memory.

I did try sometime ago to build from source but found the prerequisites
and build procedure rather confusing--for instance, there is a file on
the scilab download site called prerequirements-scilab-5.1.1-x86_64-
src.tar.gz, which I guess must be extracted before building from
scilab-5.1.1-src.tar.gz.

Using both the prereq and scilab tarballs, I ran

configure --without-ocaml

which ended with

checking fftw3.h usability... no
checking fftw3.h presence... no
checking for fftw3.h... no
configure: error: Cannot find headers (fftw3.h) of the library fftw.
Please inst all the dev package (Debian : libfftw3-dev)

Is there a document detailing what prerequirements-scilab-5.1.1-x86_64-
src.tar.gz leaves out and has to be installed separately?

Thank you.
-Tudor

--
Tudor Buican <tudor at timb.com>