[scilab-Users] scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10

Langella Raphael raphael.langella at steria.cnes.fr
Wed Aug 26 16:32:26 CEST 2009

> >> Just like that it's hard to say what is the problem exactly.
> >> But it's graphic related, X and all are pretty outdated on
> >> Sol9 and might not work at all. May I ask why you need
> Scilab on Sol9
> >> specifically?

OK, so I compiled it on Solaris 10 and it was much easier. I still had
to add isnan and isinf definition to evaluate_expr.c and to change
scilab script to recognize sun4u but that's all. Also, make install just
works.
But I still have some problem with jogl. I put the jar files in
thirdparty, and I tried to put the .so files in bin, lib, thirdparty, I
tried to set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH, CLASSPATH, but whatever I do, I always
get this error on the terminal as soon as I select something from the
Demos menu (Simulation for example):

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jogl in
java.library.path
        at
com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraryInternal(NativeLibLoader.
java:189)
        at
com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.access$000(NativeLibLoader.java:49)
        at
com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader$DefaultAction.loadLibrary(NativeLibL
oader.java:80)
        at
com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.loadLibrary(NativeLibLoader.java:103
)
        at
com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.access$200(NativeLibLoader.java:49)
        at
com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader$1.run(NativeLibLoader.java:111)
        at
com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.loadCore(NativeLibLoader.java:109)
        at
com.sun.opengl.impl.x11.X11GLDrawableFactory.<clinit>(X11GLDrawableFacto
ry.java:101)
        at
javax.media.opengl.GLDrawableFactory.getFactory(GLDrawableFactory.java:1
11)
        at
javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas.chooseGraphicsConfiguration(GLCanvas.java:52
0)
        at javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas.<init>(GLCanvas.java:131)
        at javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas.<init>(GLCanvas.java:90)
        at
org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.canvas.SwingScilabCanvasImpl.<clinit>(Unkn
own Source)
        at
org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.CallScilabBridge.useCanvasForDisplay(Unkno
wn Source)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not
initialize class
org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.canvas.SwingScilabCanvasImpl
        at
org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.CallScilabBridge.useCanvasForDisplay(Unkno
wn Source)

And then, when I run the demo, this error is printed in loop:

An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas:
org.scilab.modules.gui.bridge.canvas.SwingScilabCanvasImpl
If an exception about java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError has been thrown,
check if etc/librarypath.xml contains the path to gluegen and jogl
libraries

and this on the scilab window :

Startup execution:
  !--error 999
set: The handle is not or no more valid.
at line       4 of function generic_i_h called by :
line     2 of function %s_i_h called by :
line    91 of function show called by :
show(x);
line    21 of exec file called by :
mo_gui_update();exec(script_path,-1);;if exists("%oldgcbo") then gcbo =
%oldg
while executing a callback

The funny part is that if I try to run it from the build directory, the
jogl libraries are found! But then, when I run a demo, it crashes with
this error:

#
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xfb9320d0, pid=8159, tid=1
#
# JRE version: 6.0_16-b01
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (14.2-b01 mixed mode, sharing
solaris-
sparc )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libc.so.1+0x320d0]  strlen+0x50
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /tmp/SD_8159_/hs_err_pid8159.log
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
Abort - core dumped

As you can see, I'm running the latest jre. Do you want the log file
(24k) or the core (290M) ?