Description of Kalm function

charles marchetti charlesmarchetti at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 22 17:50:30 CET 2009

Good morning,
I wanted to use the kalm function developed in scilab.
I used a model very simple in dimension 2.
However, by typing equations of the kalman filter, and
by making turned the algorithm on an iteration, I didn't get
the same results.
Then, I went on the site of Del Moral and I saw that
initial conditions must be used to initialize  updated
equation and not that of prediction
On a long interval of time, if the filter converges, it's not bad. Yet, with treatment on the estimation at the begining, it's obviously awfull.
There are two schools: So the description of this function is not so clear...