no labels

PZC kalakouentin at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 04:57:03 CET 2009

Hello.
I'm a new Scilab user and I'm currently using scilab-5.0.3 (Fed 4 2009) on Ubuntu 8.04.2/2.6.24-23-generic.
It seems that I can not produce any axis labels even on the simplest plots.
Plot2d command produces the plot fine and I have no problems rotating the plot or tweaking with the axis options but the axis labels fail to present any numbers or letters. (Screenshot available @ http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2933/screenshotgraphicwindowxj2.png )

When activating Scilab through the terminal I get the following warning "(<unknown>:19018): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
    Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Could not file localization file for LC_MESSAGES
Switch back to the default language en_US" But I don't know if this is relevant to the problem I am encountering now.

Thank you for your time reading this and I hope I'm not e-mailing the wrong list...
Have a nice day. Pantelis