[scilab-Users] default axes settings

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Mon Feb 9 00:29:52 CET 2009

Alexander Bluem said on 08/02/2009 21:16:
> I'd really like to set the default properties of some following plots
> in a script
> but when I define these settings using a=gda(), and accessing the axis
> seetings through "a", still no marks are being plotted... :(

I think that what you're reporting is a bug. It works with gca() but
not with gda().

Note for cranks: this happens identically in Scilab 4.1.2, ScicosLab
and even Scilab5.

> I do not want to set each setting with gca() everytime. I believe that
> this is what gda() was for in the first place. of course I would reset
> these settings back with sda().

If you don't want to use gca(), as a workaround you could perhaps use
the style argument to plot2d, with negative value:

x=[0:0.1:2*%pi];
plot2d(x-2,sin(x),style=-2)

Francois