[scilab-Users] Scilab 5.1 : pb launching in gui mode ....

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Wed Feb 25 12:19:51 CET 2009

Le mercredi 25 février 2009 à 11:59 +0100, Tran Chanh a écrit :
> Effectively, my pb is related to 'cygwin' & not w/ client linux.
If I understand correctly, you (Tran & Nicolas) are running under
Windows with the cygwin's X server and you are trying to launch Scilab
from a Linux 32 bits through ssh ?

The error is caused by this code:
			DisplayMode dm = screens[i].getDisplayMode();
			if (dm == null) {
				// workaround for bug 3547
				dm = screens[i].getDisplayModes()[0];
			}
Seems that getDisplayMode & getDisplayModes have troubles in your
"special" case.

> Nevertheless, I would need sooner or later this to run via cygwin
OK, thanks for the information.

> & as I 'm a 'total beginner' could someone report this bug for me, please ?
I did (cf my previous email)
http://lists.scilab.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-browse?list=users&cmd=showmsg&msgnum=812

> Thx again for your help
Thanks for your report.