[scilab-Users] graphics help

Jean-Baptiste Silvy jean-baptiste.silvy at scilab.org
Mon Jan 12 09:58:20 CET 2009

Stefan Du Rietz a écrit :
> Which Scilab version is this about?
> http://wiki.scilab.org/Specificities_for_each_handles
>
> and what level of language does it concern?

Hello,

This page details the internal architecture of graphics source code (C++
and Java code mainly) in Scilab 5.
However, it's not relevant if you want to develop using Scilab language.

For more informations about Scilab programming and especially graphic
handles you may have a look to this website:
http://www.spas.cnrs-gif.fr/index.html.

> I think that Scilab is a magnificent program, but sometimes
> it is a little difficult to find help on specific matters,
> especially concerning graphics...
>
> I am using 4.1.2 trying to get decent looking plots. Can
> anyone tell me how to avoid very long y_tick marks in an
> axes with a much larger width than height? I would like to
> have the same length of y_tick marks as of x_tick marks (you
> can fix that in Matlab). They also make the position of the
> y_label to close to the y_tick.labels.

In Scilab 4 and 5, ticks lengths are set totally automatically. Sorry,
but I think that you need either to reduce the width / height ratio of
your plots or keep the long ticks. Please feel free to send a request
about this here:
http://bugzilla.scilab.org/index.cgi. We'll try to fix this issue in a
future release.

Jean-Baptiste