modules/core/macros/lib missing

Daniel Lindstedt daniel.lindstedt at gmx.de
Sun Jul 12 04:58:05 CEST 2009

Hello there,
I've got a problem running SciLab on my mac.
I tried to use the binary, but it didn't work, it couldn't find
scipad, so I hoped that it could work with the sources. I downloaded
them and compiled them, using "--without-pvm  --without-hdf5" as
settings for ./configure( and of course the right prefix) and now,
running the binary that it created in the "bin" directory, the usual
scilab window opens, but there's an error occurring:

load('SCI/modules/core/macros/lib');
                                     !--error 241
File 'SCI/modules/core/macros/lib' doesn't exist or restricts acces.

at line       11 of exec file called by :
+modules(i)+".start",-1)
line   100 of exec file called by :
exec('SCI/etc/scilab.start',-1);;

After that, the usual prompt appears and I can, as far as I tested it,
use some modules, for example the "rand" module is working.

But there's something else missing: That bar, on top of the window,
that usually appears, where you can choose scipad, cut, copy and that
kind of stuff, I think that is the "javasci" element(to me, it seemed
to be java), that bar doesn't exist. I did not set the "--without-
javasci" option.

Does anyone have an idea, where that bar went? I would be quite
interested in having it.

But back to the original problem: I looked into the directory it
called, and found that there is no lib directory. There's a bunch
of .sci's and .bin's and that's it. I didn't get any error messages of
configure, make and make install that had any connection with core/lib
or something like this.

Well, I had the idea, that the problem could easily be solved by
simply downloading the file and it's contents from somewhere, but I
didn't find anything on web...
Does anyone have an idea, why file wasn't created during compile?

Thank you in advace

Daniel Lindstedt