[scilab-Users] printf is broken

Adelson Oliveira adelson.oliveira at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 19:02:41 CEST 2009

I was googling and found out that gfortran has a bug with non-english locale
and printf. This is the cause for scilab to crash in systems with old
versions of gfortran. I have scilab rpm 64 bits Mandriva 2009.1 at home and
no problems as well. However, I cannot change the linux distribution in my
job. Thus, as a workaround, I am making,

LC_ALL=en_US.utf8
./scilab

Thanks