Bizarre figure_size convention in 5.1.1

StŽéphane Mottelet stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Thu Jun 4 12:34:32 CEST 2009

Hi all,

this as been bugzilled #4521, but I discovered that really big problems are
a consequence of this issue. I am currently developping a feature
which needs to identify the handle of an axis where a mouse
clik occured (with an event_handler function). Since the coordinates
recovered in the event handler function are integer coordinates in
the *real*canvas of the figure, it is impossible to compute the
real limits of the axis in pixel coordinates (using the axis_bounds
property), since the figure_size property is wrong (the height is
not equal to the height of the canvas).

I now there may be more critical bugs, but this one is really
problematic for people developping some stuff related
to graphics...

S.