Parsing ascii delimited data

Louis louis at awake24.de
Tue Nov 3 21:35:38 CET 2009

Hi everyone.

I try to parse a ascii delimited file.

If I try to use fscanf I get this:

-->a=fscanf(‘data.csv', '%s;%s');

 !--error 999

msprintf: Wrong number of input arguments: data doesn't fit with format.

at line      51 of function sscanf called by :

[v1] = sscanf(buf,frmt);

in  execstr instruction    called by :

line    41 of function fscanf called by :

a=fscanf('kapitalkurven_quelle.csv', '%s;%s');

If I try to use mfscanf like this:

[n,a,b]=mfscanf(-1, u, '%s;%s');

It does not split the input line at ;.

So if I type a I get this:

!31.01.2003;115.918,60  !

!                       !

!€                      !!                       !

!aaaaa;1.1,10  !

!                       !

!€                      !!                       !

!bbbbbbb;1.2,50  !

!cccccc;1.22,00  !

!dddddd;1.3,20  !

Can someone help me so I will get something like this:

!aaaaaaa  ! 1.1,10 !

Thanks Louis.