[scilab-Users] Compilation of Scilab under Slackware 64 13 fails... clock_gettime issue...

Alexandre Pereira iskandhar2000 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 18:10:07 CET 2009

Hi Sylvestre,

Sorry for "Laurent", I was thinking about other person when I sent the mail
.. :-)

I will try again in a freshly installed Slackware virtual machine, as well
as on a Debian Lenny 5.0 amd 64.

As far as with the Slackware Community, I have several posts pertaining to
this...

I have already ( don't ask me how i did it because I do not recall   :-(  )
build the binaries from source code of 5.1.1...  It was a working version (
I only had to fix the graphical issue with the jogl.jar librairies as
explained in the wiki...  ) although useless for me... :  I had to
reconfigure after first try and remake, because the compilation of scicos
toolbox would halt on not finding clock_gettime for my system..   so I conf
--without-scicos, and it built...   but without scicos is useless for my
needs...  :-(

About my Slackware Forum Posts :

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/slackbuild-of-scilab-5.1-fails-under-slackware64-13...-is-this-reproducible...-771482/

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/bad-graphics-issue-with-scilab-5.1.1-and-slackware64-13-769742/

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/bad-graphics-issue-with-scilab-5.1.1-and-slackware64-13-769742/page2.html

I wish I could remember what I did to past that point of the lib/MALLOC
thing..

But AFAIK, as you can check in my first link to Slackware community, there
is a similar issue with Scilab 5.0.3 under Debian,

poster Gnashley proposes a patch, that corrects some things in 5.1 sources (
from the Slackbuild of 12.2 ) but make still stops in the same spot (
/lib/MALLOC... )

I will try in a few hours to apply this patch to the 5.0.3 sources and try
to compile...

I will report to you and to the Slackware forum how it went...

This is why yesterday I asked the forum if my errors could be
reproduced...   to rule out if there is something cranked with my
configuration...

Still no answers...

BRGDS

Alex