[scilab-Users] modelicac

dastew at sympatico.ca dastew at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 30 22:50:18 CET 2009

From: dastew at sympatico.ca
To: users at lists.scilab.org
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:06:52 +0000
Subject: RE: [scilab-Users] modelicac

> From: sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
> To: users at lists.scilab.org
> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:08:15 +0100
> Subject: RE: [scilab-Users] modelicac
>
> Replying to myself,
>

> > > and yet it sends an error:
> > > "Please install the Modelica translator (available at www.scicos.org)
> > > in "SCI/bin" and try again"
> > When do you get this message ?
> > (ie, what are the step to reproduce it)
> I have been able to reproduce it.
>
> The error message is wrong. You have a real feedback in the Scilab
> console or the error box.
> For example, you could have something like:
>    Fatal error: exception Failure("perform_hungarian_method: jacobian is
> structurally singular")
>
> Sylvestre
>
> Yes the error is:
Modelica code generated at /tmp/SD_29145_/imppart_tran7sine.mo
Fatal error: exception Failure("read_class_File: Class Pin not found")

Doug

Ok ---- Now that I know that it is not a missing modelicac file, I looked into the problem some more.

1.   My circuit file works in XP but not in Ubuntu.
2.    The smaller file works in Ubuntu

So I took my larger file and deleted some of the repeated blocks out of the middle of the circuit and now it works. It seems to be a problem that scicos can't handle this many blocks in Ubuntu but can in XP!!!!!

Any thoughts.
Doug
PS It would be nice if the error message would tell the truth.