Scilab 5 under Solaris 10

Langella Raphael raphael.langella at steria.cnes.fr
Mon Oct 12 14:34:20 CEST 2009

Hi,
I tried to install french localization with scilab 5.1.1 under Solaris 10. So I typed "make localization" and start scilab with "-l fr", and I get the following error:

Warning: Localization issue. Doesn't support the locale 'fr_FR#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xfbab20d0, pid=13500, tid=1
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (11.0-b16 mixed mode, sharing solaris-sparc)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libc.so.1+0x320d0]  strlen+0x50
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /export/home/exploit/hs_err_pid13500.log
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

The jdk is supposed to come with localization for all languages. What's going on?

Raphaël Langella