[scilab-Users] Accents on printf - and also on input

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Wed Sep 30 08:31:33 CEST 2009

Le mardi 29 septembre 2009 à 21:07 -0300, Osvaldo Sergio Farhat de
Carvalho a écrit :
> Thanks, François.
>
> By the way, there is also a (perhaps related) bug with the input
> statement. The statement:
>
> s = input("s = ","string")
>
> shows the following behaviour on Scilab when you type a string with
> special characters:
>
> s = François
> s =
>
> Fran
>
> If you try this you will also note that the leading blanks on "s = "
> only appear after you press Enter.
>
> I hope the development team will fix these bugs soon. In Brazil, as in
> France, we need to deal with special characters all the time.
For the "first bug", I am not able to reproduce it under Linux both for
the master branch or the 5.1.1.
For the one you just reported, this bug, among many other UTF-8-related
issues, has been fixed in the current master.

Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru