makelib / systematic dll and linking problem when installing toolboxes

Luke Macaleese macaleese at amolf.nl
Mon Apr 5 17:43:48 CEST 2010

Hello ,

please forgive my layman's question, my experience is very limited but I couldn't find an appropriate answer in the archives:

what I want:

-install image processing toolboxes to use with Scilab-5.2.1 (SIP, SIVP, IPD...other?)

what I did:

-copied the available files in SCIDIR/contrib/

-tried to load them directly in the console or run "exec builder/loader.sce"

what I experienced:

-problems with libraries (see attached document for detailed error messages)

-->when trying to load toolboxes directly from Scilab's console: libsip.dll does not exist

-->when trying to first exec builder.sce, problem when building shared library, then either library non existing, not found...

my system:

-scilab-5.2.1

-MSYS1.0/MinGW5.1.6

-Tcl/Tk8.5.8 (installed +compiled at C:\)

-OpenCV2.0

-ImageMagick-6.6.1-Q16

remark: only installed mingw_toolbox for Scilab, others (tcl/tk, openc2v and imagemagick were not specifically linked to scilab)

thank you very much for any input!

Luke