Import and execution of a modified function

Johannes Graus Johannes-Graus at web.de
Tue Apr 6 10:36:07 CEST 2010

Hello,

at the beginning of my script file (script.sce) I import a function as follows:

mode(0);
exec('test.sci');

This function can be used afterwards. Then I make a change to the function test.sci and save it. When I execute my script again, scilab displays the following (translated from German):

exec('c:\...path.....\test.sci', -1)
Warning: redefining function: test. Use funcprot(0) to suppress this warning.

The warning message makes sence because funcprot = 1 "= warning".
But the execution of my script seems to be interrupted by this warning. Each time I try to execute it again, scilab displays

exec('c:\...path.....\test.sci', -1)

The easiest way to make it work again is to modify the script.sce and save it.

How can I avoid this workaround and tell scilab to ignore changes in the functions despite of setting funcprot?

Thx

Yours,
Johannes Graus