Fw: SCILAB hangs when used in try-catch

Julio Gonzalez-Saenz julio.gonzalez at ymail.com
Wed Apr 14 23:00:29 CEST 2010

Hi SCILAB community,

!Scilab Version:             !5.2.0.1266391513
!                            !
!Operating System:           !Windows 7 6.1
!                            !
!Java version :              !1.6.0_18
!                            !
!Java runtime information :  !Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_18-b07)
!                            !
!Java vm information :       !Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 16.0-b13, mixed mode)
!                            !
!Vendor specification:       !Sun Microsystems Inc.

I have a problem running a try-catch-end block when a while loop in inside it.

For example, the following code just create magic matrices from 4 to 1 but at x=2, an error supposed to happen.  The error is correctly detected, but I have to restart scilab because it does not respond..

x=5;
try
   while (x>=0)
        x=x-1
        disp("x sollte positiv sein")
        if (x < 2) then t = x +"sr";
        else z=testmatrix("magic",x)
        end
   end
catch
    disp('catch: Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten');
    z=testmatrix("magic",10)
end

I can not find the reason of this failure in the mailing list... maybe someone know something about it??

Regards,

Julio Gonzalez-Saenz
www.part-time-scientist.com
www.neex-technologies.com