[scilab-Users] index error

Gary Nelson gnelson at quantasonics.com
Tue Apr 20 23:20:41 CEST 2010

On Apr 20, 2010, at 5:34 AM, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

> Well, I hate it-was-not-working-but-after-a-reboot-everything-is-fine
> bugs ...

I agree. Only thing worse is problems with septic tanks

> Did you upgrade your system between your two reboots ?
No.

> You can report it. I prefer having a bug that we/you cannot reproduce
> than missing a bug but if you are the only one, it is going to be hard
> to fix...

What occurred appears to have been an indexing error (or other parsing error) that left some state machine in a failure state.
It was a solid failure that resisted all attempts to change the code -- until the reboot.  I tried to retrace my steps and create the error, but could not.

I will submit a report to bugzilla FWIW and hope I can stumble across it again.

Thanks for all your help on this.

Gary

> Sylvestre
>
> Le lundi 19 avril 2010 à 15:48 -0700, Gary Nelson a écrit :
>> Update:   I just restarted the computer and a fresh copy of scilab and editor:  result-- no errors
>>
>> So far I can't reproduce what I did to cause the error to get "stuck"
>>
>> There is an error in there someplace, but I will need to find a way to force it to occur.
>>
>> Should I report a bug anyway?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> On Apr 19, 2010, at 12:38 PM, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
>>
>>> It is probably a Mac OS X bug. I will try to reproduce tomorrow (I only
>>> run Linux at home and your code is working).
>>>
>>> If you are really in an hurry, you can give it a try on an other
>>> operating system.
>>>
>>> Sylvestre

>>> --
>>> -------------------------