[scilab-Users] URL read/write

Samuel Gougeon Samuel.Gougeon at univ-lemans.fr
Wed Apr 21 09:48:29 CEST 2010

Hello,

----- Message d'origine -----
De : H Carl
Date : 20/04/2010 16:04:
> I have been unable to find any SciLab commands that would allow
> reading/writing to a url.  Does that possibility exist?  It would be
> very helpful for taking advantage of a site's webservices.
> Thanks.
You can use Curl that is embedded into scilab.
If you are using Scilab under Windows, here is an example :
URL="http://www-cgi.uni-regensburg.de/WWW_Server/Dokumentation/misc/CURL/curl.pdf";

filename="curl_manual.pdf";
rep=unix(SCI+"/tools/curl/curl -o "+filename+" "+URL)
The file targetted by the URL will be recorded into the specified local
file.
If you are using another operating system, you just have to customize the
path leading to the curl executable file.

Regards
Samuel