[scilab-Users] XCos Blocks

Clément DAVID clement.david at scilab.org
Tue Apr 27 11:32:22 CEST 2010

Hello,

First the Xcos API has been described in the wiki :
[http://wiki.scilab.org/Xcos/PrivateAPI] and
[http://wiki.scilab.org/Xcos/PublicAPI].

On the 5.2.x branch, you can reuse your current scicos implementation as
the core is the same. As in Scicoslab, you just need to load your block
interface function into the interpreter (myblock.c), provide macros
block descriptor (MYBLOCK_f.sci) and a reference instance in a palette
(MYPALETTE.cosf).

Then just open your palette on xcos as a normal diagram or use
palettes/Open as palette button.

For the 5.3.x branch (current master), we will probably provide an API
to add/remove/customize h5 blocks from Scilab. Thus user will be able to
implement Xcos palettes as Scilab toolboxes.

Regards,

Clément