Problem with xs2jpg on Linux

Eduardo Tarasiuk eduardo at softwork.co.il
Tue Aug 3 16:52:12 CEST 2010

Hi

I am facing problems when trying to use xs2jpg() in the
following configuration:

Scilab 5.2.2 running on Linux working remotely with X
terminal (cygwin)
When the graphic window is covered completely or partially
by another window,the full or parts of the window on the
top appears in the generated jpg file.

This problem is easily replicated when doing the
following:

[1] run the demo plot3d
[2] cover the displayed graph by the console
[3] key on the console:
b1=gcf();xs2jpg(b1,'/tmp/file.jpg');

I will appreciate to know if this is the expected behavior
of the function in this specific configuration (X Remote),
or a bug.

My problem is that I am working on several remote machines
at the same time, running programs that generate "jpg's'
from graphs that are displayed on the same screen,  and
because the above behavior, the generated files are not
correct (including pieces of windows that were on the top
at the time xs2jpg execution)
.
Is any way to do this correctly, probably a workaround?

Thanks very much for any help on this.

    best regards

      Eduardo