[scilab-Users] problem with creating loop

Francis Drossaert Francis.Drossaert at pgs.com
Fri Aug 13 10:55:09 CEST 2010

Hi Marcin,

There are off course various ways to solve your problem. Probably the shortest way to do is like this:

for it=1:3;
   average(it) =mean(a(a(:,1)==it,2:$));
end

It loops over the elements in the first column. The second line is a bit more cryptic but can be split in separate line:
msk = a(:,1)==it;                                // creates a boolean mask vector
anew = a(msk,2:$);                          // creates a new matrix using the mask over the second to last columns of a
average=mean(anew);                  // calculate the average of the matrix

Cheers

Francis