[scilab-Users] Plot

Pedro Ledoux p_ledoux at yahoo.com.br
Mon Aug 16 15:18:20 CEST 2010

You're using a processor of x86-64 architecture isn't it? So you tryed to use the Scilab version for this architecture. But does your Windows version is for x86-64 or 32 bits?

I don't use windows since march of 2010. My processor is a core 2 duo. At begin I was using the 32 bit version of Ubuntu, To install Scilab I just downloaded the precompiled .deb package for 32 bits. But laterly I've changed the OS to Ubuntu 64 bits. So to use Scilab I had to download a different .deb package for this OS in this architecture.

For each architecture the OS has in it's files the libraries which support the respective architecture. 32 bits version has it's libraries and 64 bit version has it's own. A version for 64 bits in a 32 bits OS or 32 bits in 64 OS will not work very well if the software uses the libraries of OS. So if your windows is for 32 bits is possible that x86-64 version for Scilab that you installed is having such problem with OS system libraries.

The simulations of circuits I did using Qucs and the codes for Scilab has become executed much more faster after I've changed my OS and Scilab to x86-64 versions.