fminsearch function question

Carrico, Paul paul.carrico at esterline.com
Thu Dec 2 09:44:41 CET 2010

dear all,

I'm using either fminsearch function of nmplot one following the scheme
hereafter :
level 1- call of the fminsearch function
level 2 - cost function
level 3 - call of sub-function

As you can see herebellow I would like to link constant parameters from
the level 1 to the level 3 (i.e. nu1 and nu2 values) => how can I do
this ?

I had a look in optimset/optimget function but It not seems to be the
write ones !

I hope it's clear enough

Regards

Paul

### level 1
optimized_parameters = fminsearch(optimization,initial_parameters);
poisson = 0.495;
mu1 = 0.0438055;
alpha1 = 2.86504;
mu2 = 0.061838;
alpha2 = 1.34878;
nu1 = poisson;
nu2 = poisson;
initial_parameters = [mu1 alpha1 mu2 alpha2];

### level 2
function SSE = optimization(x)

nu1 = 0.495;
nu2 = 0.495;
ADDITIONAL = [nu1 nu2];
printf("#########################################################\n");
printf("            * mu1 = %g\n",x(1));
printf("            * alpha1 = %g\n",x(2));
printf("            * mu2 = %g\n",x(3));
printf("            * alpha2 = %g\n",x(4));
printf("            * nu1 = %g\n",nu1);
printf("            * nu2 = %g\n",nu2);

### level 3
status = write_ccx_file(PATH_DATA,INPUT_FILE_NAME,x,ADDITIONAL);

Le présent mail et ses pièces jointes sont confidentiels et destinés à la personne ou aux personnes visée(s) ci-dessus. Si vous avez reçu cet e-mail par erreur, veuillez contacter immédiatement l'expéditeur et effacer le message de votre système. Toute divulgation, copie ou distribution de cet e-mail est strictement interdite.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the email from your system. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.