cannot get any Scilab 5.x version starting on my Intel iMac

Heinz Nabielek heinznabielek at me.com
Sat Dec 18 00:18:02 CET 2010

Antoine Monmayrant <antoine.monmayrant at ...> writes:
> Well, I just tried the freshly released 5.3
> and even after uninstalling
> soundflower, I still get the instant crash problem...

After the recommended rearrangement of Java versions,
SciLab 5.3.0 final runs fine on my iMac.
Heinz

-->ver
Scilab Version:             5.3.0.1292396566
Operating System:           Mac OS X 10.6.5
Java version :              1.6.0_22
Java runtime information :  Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
(build 1.6.0_22-b04-307-10M3261)
Java vm information :       Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
(build 17.1-b03-307, mixed mode)
Vendor specification:       Sun Microsystems Inc.