Problems with xmltojar

Harald Galda, Dr. Eng. (J) haraldgalda at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 09:33:42 CET 2010

Dear users,

when I try to build the help of my toolbox with Scilab 5.3.0, I get the
following error message:

Building the manual file [javaHelp] in SCI\contrib\IPD-7.1\help\de_DE\.
 !--error 10000
xmltoformat:
C:\Programme\scilab-5.3.0\contrib\IPD-7.1\help\de_DE\\scilab_de_DE_help\scilab_de_DE_help.jar
 has not been generated.
at line     728 of function xmltoformat called by :
at line      15 of function xmltojar called by :
xmltojar(RegionHelpPath, ToolboxTitle, 'de_DE');
at line      23 of exec file called by :

at line      13 of function tbx_builder called by :
at line      49 of function tbx_builder_help_lang called by :
tbx_builder_help_lang('de_DE', HelpPath);
at line      29 of exec file called by :

at line      13 of function tbx_builder called by :
at line      26 of function tbx_builder_help called by :
tbx_builder_help(ToolboxPath);

On the beta versions of Scilab 5.3.0 it was still possible to build the help and
so was it on Scilab 5.2.2. What has gone wrong? Are the XML files considered
invalid by xmltojar in Scilab 5.3.0? The file master_help.xml and the directory
scilab_de_DE_help *are* generated. However, scilab_de_DE_help is empty. By the
way, the same problem occurs with English help.

Best regards
Harald Galda