[scilab-Users] scilab crashes

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Wed Feb 17 15:57:38 CET 2010

Manjusha Joshi wrote:
> I am using Scilab 5.1.1 on Mandriva 2010.
> While trying to export a figure/ graph from graphical window to jpg
> scilab crashes.
>
> Another similar experience I heard from one of the scilab user as follows:
>
> I am using Scilab 5.1.1 on Ubuntu 9.10. When I try to export a graph to
> say xfig or any other format , scilab crashes. Is it a bug? If not,
> suggest me some remedy.
Hello Joshi,

I have some troubles too when exporting figures. I think it's related to
Scilab 5 internal graphics system (see
http://wiki.scilab.org/Graphical_issues_with_Scilab_5.0).

For me it works well with an ATI card and proprietary drivers. You
should try such a combination or under other OS (windows)...

Mathieu