Xcos: blue connection lines/wires do not snap to grid

Crypto crptdngl71 at gmx.net
Mon Feb 22 18:39:58 CET 2010

Hi,

Scilab 5.2.1-3 debian packages running here, taken from the standard debian
repositories.

There appears to be a problem with how Xcos draws parts and aligns the
connection lines to the grid.

Steps to reproduce:

1.) Run Scilab and then open an Xcos demonstration file, e.g. the RLC_circuit
(the following description relates to this file).

The parts and connection lines of the circuit are matching/aligning to the
grid, I would think.

But there are some blue connection lines which do not. Instead, they run in
slight "ramps", e.g. the GND connection wire to the bottom left, and the two
blue wires running to the MScope to the right.

Also, the blue connection wires sometimes poke into the white connection spots
of the parts, this happens e.g. with the current sensor and the voltmeter, but
also with the vertical inductor and capacitor.

This seems to be related to how Xcos scales/zooms the GUI representation of a
component and aligns it to the grid.

When I select a component I can resize it with the mouse, but there is no way
for me to scale it using the grid, i.e. no matter how I scale the component it
never "snaps" to the grid so I never know if I have scaled it correctly. There
also is now way of reverting the component to 100% of its original size, and
there is no option to scale/zoom a component by equally increasing size in
both x and y direction (like with a square - sometimes programs offer to zoom
in such a way by holding down the STRG button).

These are not really terrible bugs, but something that risks the prettyness of
how Xcos displays circuits ;-)

Kind regards,
Crypto.