[scilab-Users] Release of Scilab 5.3.0 beta 1

Samuel Gougeon Samuel.Gougeon at univ-lemans.fr
Fri Jul 2 17:46:21 CEST 2010

Paul CARRICO <paul.carrico at free.fr> a écrit :

> ... I wanted to say that releases after 5.1.1 one integrates a text editor
> different ... which is in my opinion less helpful than the 5.1.1 one !
>
> Consequently I wanted to know if the new text editor integrates functions
> such as colored text word, parenthesis control and so on.

Paul,
You should urgently upgrade to Scilab 5.3. There are 1000 reasons to do so.
If you are not satisfied with the embeded editor SciNotes, you will be
able to download Scipad (5.1.1 editor) that is available as a
separate module on the ATOMS manager. Installation will be straightforward
(press the button and wait).

Syntax colorization, command completion, special line numbering
compatible with line numbers given in error messages, and other useful
features are already available in SciNotes, thanks to Calixte Denizet.

Regards
Samuel