[scilab-Users] Regarding solvers in scilab

Jerome PICARD jerome.picard at scilab.org
Tue Jul 6 11:02:50 CEST 2010

Hello,

The solvers in Xcos are the Sundials' solvers.
You have the choice between CVODE and IDA.

The solver used by default is CVODE which solves ordinary differential
equations with initial value  : y'(t) = f(y(t),t).

IDA is more general. It is able to solve implicit differential equations
: f(y'(t),y(t),t) = 0.

In most cases, the first algorithm is enough to solve differential
equations. In general, problems deals with ordinary
differential equations.

We do not change the solver with number. You just have to choose in the
list CVODE or IDA.
Below the choice of the solver, the number corresponds to the maximum
number of steps.
By default, this number is equal to 0 to indicate that there is not a
maximum iteration for the solvers. For the beginning, this number
is not to change. We only change this number if the algorithm fails to
converge or if the algorithms takes a long time to converge.

Sorry, I do not understand what do you mean with AM2.

Best regards

--
Jérôme Picard
Ingénieur de développement