Running Scilab 5.2.2 and Xcos from a USB stick

Darryl Morrell morrell at asu.edu
Sat Jul 17 00:36:37 CEST 2010

I wish to run Scilab 5.2.2 and Xcos from a USB stick on windows XP
professional. I was unable to find instructions to do this, so I
simply copied the folder scilab-5.2.2 from the installation onto the
USB stick. When I run Scilab from the USB stick, it starts up okay. I
can start Xcos and create a simple simulation. However, when I run the
simulation, nothing happens. When I try to quit Scilab, nothing
happens. I eventually have to halt the program using the Task Manager.

Are there instructions to run Scilab from a USB stick? I would greatly
appreciate any help.

Darryl Morrell