[scilab-Users] can console mode of scilab use the GNU library readline or bind user's own shortcuts?

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Wed Jun 2 07:52:23 CEST 2010

Le lundi 31 mai 2010 à 12:46 +0800, hkm a écrit :
> I don't know wether I can define my own shortcuts in console mode of
> scilab. I like emacs and bind many key bindings like( alt+f, alt
> +b, ...) .
> But in console mode of scilab( start as "scilab -nw"), ctrl+w doesn't
> work, neither does ctrl+left or ctrl+right. while, scilab seems
> abandons the alt ....
For now, the current command line interpreter in NW or NWNI is based on
ncurses but some parts of the code are not optimal (some are based on
ncurses and some are done by hand).
We are not very happy about that but since it is most working well in
most of the cases, it is not a top priority to update this part of the
code...
If you want to contribute here, don't hesitate. It should not be very
hard and I can help.

Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru