[scilab-Users] Scilab-5.2.2 on RedHat 4

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Fri Jun 11 23:23:22 CEST 2010

Le vendredi 11 juin 2010 à 17:59 +0200, Vergnes Nicolas (STERIA) a
écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Ok, so I use pre-compiled binaries of scilab on our RedHat
> x86_64 cluster, in remote session with cygwin (I tested with Exceed to
> same problem)
> All is ok in -nogui mode
>
>  .... but when I start scilab in graphic mode :
>
> On a RedHat 5.x  node :
> Scilab 5.1.1  works
> Scilab 5.2.0  works
> Scilab 5.2.2  works
>
> On a RedHat 4 as7  node :
> Scilab 5.1.1  works
> Scilab 5.2.0  works
> Scilab 5.2.2  dont work !!!
What means "does not work" ? Really nothing happened ? Is Scilab 100 %
CPU load or 0 % ?
Did you try with strace to see where it is stuck ?
strace -f -o scilab_system.log scilab
could help to see where it is wrong.

> Do you know what changes or new checks  from 5.2.0 to 5.2.2 could make
> this kind of problem on the GUI lauching ?
We did some updates in the startup script. I just had a look on the
changelog and I don't see major modifications between versions (5.2.0 &
5.2.2) which could lead to such issues.

Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru