SciMysql : Mysql for Scilab and storing result set in a matrix

Christophe christophe.solere at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 11:35:28 CEST 2010

Is there a way to fetch the full content of a query result, or a certain
number of rows predefined, into a matrix or a list using SciMysql in Scilab?
Right now the only way I can do that is to loop through the content
which is an inconvenient way to work with large dataset.

I think R has a fetch command that does that. But also the Scilab
ReadXls function does load the content of a spreadsheet into 2 matrix a
number matric and a text matrix, which could be useful as well here.

Thanks

Christophe