recursion using fsolve

Charles Basenga Kiyanda cbk at lanl.gov
Tue Jun 22 00:29:43 CEST 2010

I need to use the fsolve command within itself (obviously with a
different residual function) and scilab keeps returning error 22,
recursion problems. There actually is no recursion problem as I can use
the second call of fsolve on its won and the correct solution is
returned. I'm thinking the algorithm which detects recursion problems is
returning a false positive. I'm using scilab version 5.1.1 on linux. Is
this a problem which was addressed in the 5.2 line?

I'm including a sample script which reproduces the problem.

Thanks,

Charles