unix.err does not exist

Niko Finke nfinke at biology.sdu.dk
Thu Jun 24 11:23:23 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to reinstall scilab 4.1.2 on a computer with Windows XP where it used to run before. But the computer had been reinstalled. Every time I install scilab 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 I can not open it afterwards but get the following message:

Startup execution:
 !--error 241
File C:\DOCUME~1\nfinke\Local Settings\Temp\SCI_TMP_5412_\unix.err does not exist or read access denied
at line      58 of function unix_g called by :
line    29 of function listfiles called by :
line    27 of function toolboxes called by :
toolboxes(SCI+'/contrib');
line     2 of exec file called by :
  exec(SCI+'/contrib/loader.sce');
line   201 of exec file called by :
exec('SCI/scilab.star',-1);;

-->

I checked and it is true that the "unix.err" is not there, but I do not know how to get it there. Is that  a problem with the new installation of windows, did I miss to install anything?
I do need a 4.x version of Scilab as I have some programs that are written for it and do not run with 5.x.

Thanks for the help

Niko

Med venlig hilsen

Niko Finke
Post doc., Nordisk Center for Jordens Udvikling (NordCEE)
Tlf.

6550 2745

Fax

6550 2786