Can Anybody Help Me Learn Scilab?

Vincent Newell rockin.chizel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 01:56:42 CEST 2010

Hi, I recently got a summer internship and need to learn Scilab.  I have downloaded it and looked at the introduction, and gone through the tutorials on the Wiki, but I still don't feel up to snuff.  I am comfortable plotting graphs, using variables, creating functions, and other such stuff, but still feel like there is so much I don't know.  Are there any more "advanced" tutorials that I can find?  I don't really know what else I need to know, but the boss kind of made it seem like I needed to learn it all.  Reading through intros about everything it can do is great, but I feel like doing problems really concretely sets the ideas in my head.  Are there some easy problems that I should try to solve using Scilab, and problems that get progressively harder/require more advanced techniques.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-Vincent