Low Pass Filter in SCILAB

Milind Gupta milind.gupta at maxim-ic.com
Wed Mar 3 00:26:55 CET 2010

Hello,
I have a signal vector and I wanted to low pass filter it. My knowledge
of discrete filters is very limited so any help would be greatly
appreciated.
My signal is basically a sampled instance of a sum of sinusoids of 100Hz
and 1KHz. What I want to do is basically filter this sampled signal so
that I am just left with the 100Hz signal and then plot the resulting
signal.
So basically I just need a low pass filter with a cut off frequency of
200Hz and large attenuation at say 800Hz and beyond.
Any leads, help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Milind