[scilab-Users] technical problems

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Mon Mar 15 05:17:32 CET 2010

Hello Alexei,

Le dimanche 14 mars 2010 à 22:15 +0200, Alexei Bychkov a écrit :
> Здравствуйте, .
>
> Thank you for SciLab!
>
> I want to join the development team with new own modules.
Sure, you are welcome ;) You can ask me what you want.

> But  it  is interesting to know why the significantly reduced speed of
> computation compared to version 4.0?
We had some regressions in some places.
During the last few weeks, we have been focusing on performance and
quality check for the next release.
In the current master (5.3), we fixed almost of performance regression
and in many cases, we have better performances than in the 4.X
(otherwise, it is usually equivalent performances).
We are thinking about backporting some of the fixes into the release
5.2.2.

Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru