Scilab in batch mode

Jovana Raskov jovana.raskov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 13:13:45 CET 2010

Dear Madam or Sir,

I am writing you in order to ask for some assistance regarding working with
Scilab.

I have a problem with calling Scilab program in Command Prompt. I am using
Scilab 5.2.0 under Windows Vista Home Premium environment.

I have two scripts in Scilab - *eigen.sce* and *testahp.sce*. *Eigen.sce*,
first of them, reads data from xls file, does calculations and puts results
in csv file and *testahp.sce*, the second one, calls it with specified
values that represent input parameters for *eigen.sce* (relative weight and
paths to xls and csv files). *Testahp.sce* does not have input or output
parameters.

I have to call *testahp.sce* from Command Prompt by using a batch file, but
when Scilab starts up I am asked to enter command in Scilab prompt, in this
case - *testahp()* and in that way everything is fine. However, I need it to
be executed automatically and I really cannot solve that problem. When I am
calling program in command line with: *scilex -nwni -f testahp.sce* it does
not exactly execute function, it seems that it only compile function. I am
not sure that I am using correct syntax for doing that.

Would you be so kind as to give me some instructions how to override this
situation.

I would appreciate any suggestion. Thank you in advance.

Yours faithfully ,
Jovana Raskov