[scilab-Users] text editor

François Vogel fvogelnew1 at free.fr
Sat Mar 20 20:48:48 CET 2010

Carrico, Paul said on 19/03/2010 14:47:

> As written in a previous mail (see bellow), we've to expect to the new
> release ..

There is very low activity, if any, around xpad (aka the new "text
editor" of Scilab 5.2.x) in git master or in the 5.2 branch. Check it
yourself:

http://gitweb.scilab.org/?p=scilab;a=history;f=scilab/modules/xpad;hb=HEAD

http://gitweb.scilab.org/?p=scilab;a=history;f=scilab/modules/xpad;hb=5.2

> I re-installed 5.2.0 release to use that last text editor ... and
> something strange I've always the same text editor (????) is there any
> file I've to remove ?

The opteam had kicked Scipad out of Scilab before Scilab 5.2.0.

To get Scipad back you can:
   - reinstall Scilab 5.1.1
   - use atoms to install it in Scilab 5.2.0 (but this atoms version
of Scipad does not work properly)
   - use Scicoslab (http://www.scicoslab.org) which will provide you
with the latest Scipad with full working functionalities, including
graphical debug tools.

Good luck,
Francois