scilab 5.2.1 on macosx leopard 10.5.8

kumar srikumarks at mac.com
Wed Mar 24 04:59:05 CET 2010

Hi,

I just downloaded scilab 5.2.1 on my macbook pro (10.5.8).
The program refuses to run. When I try to launch it, the
scilab icon turns into a java icon and stays put like that.

I had to kill the two "scilab" and "scilab-bin" processes which
were hung.

When I tried to start scilab-bin directly from command line
in Terminal, I get the following error -

---
dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/pmarecha/compilation_chain_5.2/
sci_binary/scilab-5.2.1.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/scilab/libscishell.
5.dylib
   Referenced from: /Applications/scilab-5.2.1.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/
scilab-bin
   Reason: image not found
---

Any hint about how to get it to run?