[scilab-Users] Scilab and multicore

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Wed Mar 24 15:31:29 CET 2010

Le mercredi 24 mars 2010 à 15:17 +0100, Vergnes Nicolas (STERIA) a
écrit :
> Scilab 5.x dont supports other libraries than mkl and atlas ?
MKL & ATLAS are just implementations of BLAS. Most of the time, you can
switch between them without any problems.
Under Windows, you have the opportunity to select the one you want with
the installer. Under Linux, it is harder. By default, we are shipping
with Ref BLAS which is (very) slow. This is done for portability reasons
but we are considering other solutions.

If you want to have the best performances under Linux / Unix / Mac OS X,
you rebuild Scilab with ATLAS for example.

> Scilab 4 have only --with-atlas-library, by changing the Makefile could scilab-4.1.2 use other libs ?
> What do you mean by big enough ? Does Scilab decide if one or more procs are used ? What are the parameters for this decision ?
It is not managed by Scilab but by the underlying libraries (ie, they know when to use the multicore capabilities)

Sylvestre