unix-function

Stefan Du Rietz sdr at durietz.se
Wed Mar 31 22:56:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

I want to start a Windows XP program (timer) with command line
arguments from Scilab (4.1.2; I have updated my graphic card (ATI
Radeon 2.6 Pro, AGP) drivers innumerable times, but Scilab 5.2.1 still
crashes when I plot anything...).

Unfortunately, Scilab is "Not responding" until the timer program has
ended (several hours!).

I need to call something from Scilab that sends the command to the
program.

I have tried batch files (which can work but in Windows it is
impossible (without VB scripts) to avoid a command window showing up.

A shortcut (.lnk-file) works but how can I pass an argument from
Scilab to the program through it? I have tried an environment
variable, but the shortcut doesn't seem to be able to read it.

I would be grateful for any tips.

Most of the time, I love Scilab!

Regards
Stefan