[scilab-Users] lsqrsolve

Gary Nelson gnelson at quantasonics.com
Tue May 4 21:12:37 CEST 2010

I would like to fit a gaussian to some data samples using least squares.
The gaussian has two parameters -- amplitude and width (sigma).

I would like to use 6 to 12 samples that span a maximum and provide a first guess of the amplitude and width.

After reading the manual on lsqsolve, it seems like it will do the job, but I would appreciate some guidance to make it work.

Thanks

Gary Nelson

On Apr 7, 2010, at 2:12 AM, Samuel Gougeon wrote:

> [...]

Gary Nelson
gnelson at quantasonics.com