link error upon loading SIP

Ricardo Fabbri rfabbri at gmail.com
Thu May 6 00:24:21 CEST 2010

Hi, some more info on the problem:

as I suspected, the system libz is 1.2.5,
while the Scilab binary uses 1.2.3.3.

The Scilab binary is loaded by the scilab shell script which sets
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have the lib/thirdparty in the front of the list.
This work for the scilab binary, but doesn't work when you load a
dynamic library that has been linked to the system libraries.

Both Scilab and the system libraries are named libz.so.1, but this is
a symlink to different libraries in the system and in the
lib/thirdparty subdirectory.

Perhaps there could be a way of specifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH or similar
search path when loading a lib into Scilab.

Ricardo