[scilab-Users] Scilab on OS X Snow leopard

Hiroaki Misono hmisono at umaryland.edu
Wed May 12 15:49:02 CEST 2010

OK.
I figured out my issue with Scilab.
For an unknown reason, a symbolic link to Java 1.5 was missing in the System folder.
I made it in /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/ to refer to 1.5.0.
Voila!
Scilab now starts!

I guess it doesn't matter whether the symlink is set to 1.5 or 1.6 because it is set to 1.6.0 in my student's computer on which Scilab launched without a trouble.

Thanks for the comments!

Miso