Particular optimization

paul.carrico at free.fr paul.carrico at free.fr
Tue May 25 13:55:12 CEST 2010

All,

I would like to know if it’s possible or if somebody has ever experienced the following :

a) is it possible to optimize a design in dynamic condition (in term of modal analysis and dynamic response i.e. dynamic stress) by looking for the MAXIMUM stress and not the minimum one as traditionally done,
b) I’m under windows (hard constraint !!) and is it possible to link a commercial FEA code to Scilab throughout a script for example for this optimization ?

Please note I’ve about 6 different parameters to be optimized so that I've the maximum stress at the particular natural frequency.

Any suggestion ?

Regards

Paul