[scilab-Users] Tcl/Tk interface for Mac-version

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Fri Nov 5 09:29:05 CET 2010

Hello,
On 11/04/2010 07:59 AM, Mattila Jussi wrote:
> It seems that the pre-built Mac-version of Scilab comes without Tcl/Tk
> interface. How is this so? Due to that I am experiencing problems with
> editing the figures.
I don't use Apple PC but TCL is disabled in the current release:
http://www.scilab.org/products/scilab/download/5.2.2/release_notes

I don't know the status for 5.3.

If you want to change figures, you can do that with regular Scilab
functions. You can start with section 7 of "Introduction to Scilab"
available here: http://www.scilab.org/support/documentation/tutorials .

It takes some time to understand the graphical system but at the end you
can really program the look of your figure which is more convenient than
repeating the same formatting by hand for every figure (IMHO). And you
can go further than classical plots (adding text, arrows to interesting
phenomenons, LaTeX formulas)...

HTH,
Mathieu